WALT DISNEY PICTURES
U.S. Release Date: October 8, 2010
Cast: Diane Lane, John Malkovich, Dylan Walsh, James Cromwell, Kevin Connolly, Nelsan Ellis, Dylan Baker, Margo Martindale, Otto Thorwarth, Fred Thompson, AJ Michalka and Scott Glenn
Director: Randall Wallace
Producers: Mark Ciardi & Gordon Gray
Executive Producers: William Johnson, Mike Rich
Written by: Mike Rich (writing credit not final)
Suggested by the book: “Secretariat: The Making of a Champion” by William Nack
From the PR Firm: Based on the remarkable true story, “Secretariat” chronicles the spectacular journey of the 1973 Triple Crown winner. Housewife and mother Penny Chenery (Diane Lane) agrees to take over her ailing father’s Virginia-based Meadow Stables, despite her lack of horse-racing knowledge. Against all odds, Chenery—with the help of veteran trainer Lucien Laurin (John Malkovich)—manages to navigate the male-dominated business, ultimately fostering the first Triple Crown winner in 25 years and what may be the greatest racehorse of all time.
- In 1973, Secretariat became the first U.S. Triple Crown champion in 25 years, setting race records that still stand today in the Kentucky Derby and the Belmont Stakes.
- Penny Chenery, now 87, is an integral resource in the making of the film. She also appears as an extra in one of the film’s scenes.
- In 1973, Secretariat graced the covers of three magazines the same week: Time, Newsweek and Sports Illustrated.
- Director Randall Wallace, whose directorial credits include “We Were Soldiers,” is the Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-nominated screenwriter of “Braveheart.”
- In 1999, the U.S. Postal Service unveiled a 33-cent postage stamp with Secretariat’s image.
The giveaway: One lucky reader will win all four of these products (Men’s T-Shirt, Women’s T-Shirt, Youth T-Shirt, Hat) pictured below:
To win: Leave a comment here telling me your favorite Walt Disney movie of all time. Be sure to leave your email address with your comment if you are not a blogger or your email is not easily found on your blog. This giveaway is open until 11:59 p.m., EST, Friday, October 8, 2010 (a longer giveaway period at the request of the studio). Good Luck!
Bonus entries: Get up to 10 extra entries for a total of 11 entries (please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
• Follow Walt Disney Pictures on Twitter (leave a comment here with your twitter id)
• Follow SECRETARIAT on Twitter (leave a comment here with your twitter id)
• Like SECRETARIAT on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall that "CPA Mom sent me" (leave a comment here with your Facebook name)
• Blog about this giveaway (don't forget to leave the link in your comment)
• Twitter, Stumble or Digg this giveaway (leave a comment with a link)
• Follow me on Twitter (leave a comment with your twitter id)
• Subscribe to my blog via RSS or Email (see top left sidebar)
• Add my blog to your blogroll or my button to your sidebar (leave your website address for verification)
• On Technorati - click on this link, then on Fan or Fav (or use the green link on the top left sidebar)
• Follow me on Blogger (see top left sidebar)
This review was sponsored by Disney Theatrical PR who will provide the tshirts and hat for giveaway. I was not compensated in any way for this post.